1. Personal data collected
The personal data which can be collected on the website is as follows:
Creation of account/profile: when you create your account/profile, your name, first name, date of birth, postal address, email address, landline and/or mobile number and your login details are retained.
Website login: when you log in, your login details, browsing and location data are recorded.
Online discussions: when you communicate with other users on the site, the data relating to these exchanges are recorded.
Information from third parties: Some of your data (especially your name, surname, phone number and/or address) may have been sent to us, with your prior agreement, by our partners. In this case, the processing of your data will be governed by the current stipulations.
Contact: When you complete the contact form, your name, surname, email and message are retained.
Subscription to newsletter: email address.
Cookies: In the context of the use of the website, cookies are used to collect certain information (in particular your IP address, information relating to the computer used for browsing, the connection mode, the type and the version of the internet browser, the operating system and other technical identifiers or the URL of connections, including the date and time, as well as the content accessed). You can deactivate cookies using your browser settings.
2. Usage purposes
Your personal data are mainly used for the following purposes:
- access and use of the site;
- creation of an account
- purchasing our products
- customer relationship management and product orders
- verification and authentication of your details;
- optimising the layout and functioning of the site;
- fighting fraud, misuse, viruses and other malware;
- managing our relationship with you;
- provide user assistance;
- management of payment services;
- provide personalised content and services based on browser history, preferences and interests;
- subscribe to our newsletter
- management of marketing actions and commercial prospecting: send commercial information and advertising messages depending on your browser history, preferences and interests.
When certain information is required to access specific features of the website, the mandatory nature of it is indicated during data entry. If you refuse to provide mandatory information, you may not have access to certain services, features or sections of the website.
- Retention period
Visitor/Prospect Data: your personal information is retained for a period of up to 36 months, unless:
- You exercise one of the rights recognised in law under the conditions laid out below;
- A longer retention period is allowed or imposed by legal or regulatory provisions. The activity data of an account (purchases, quotations, invoices, transport) are kept for 10 years after the event. This period is required by French law which requires to keep for 10 years, as evidence, items related to billing (Article L. 123-22 paragraph 2 of the Commercial Code).
Customer accounts data: your personal information is kept by Best Cognac Champagne for the period strictly necessary for managing the commercial relationship and carrying out the processing mentioned in paragraph 2.
During this period, the Site sets up the organisational, software, legal, technical and physical means capable of ensuring the confidentiality and security of your personal data, so as to prevent their damage, erasure or access by unauthorised third parties.
Access to your personal data is strictly limited to Best Cognac Champagne employees who are authorised due to their duties and are bound by a confidentiality obligation. However, the data collected may be communicated to subcontractors contractually responsible for the execution of the tasks necessary for the proper functioning of the website and its services as well as for the proper management of the relationship with you, without you needing to give your permission. In the context of the performance of their services, it is specified that the subcontractors only have limited access to your data and have a contractual obligation to use them in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation on personal data protection. Apart from the cases stated above, Best Cognac Champagne’ undertake not to sell, rent, assign or give third parties access to your data without your prior consent, unless obliged to do so because of a legitimate reason (legal obligation, fight against fraud or abuse, exercise of the rights of the defence, etc.).
5. Rights of people who have data collected
In accordance with the applicable legal and regulatory provisions, in particular law n°78-17 of 6 January 1978 modified relating to data processing, the files and freedoms and the European regulation n°2016/679/EU of 27 April 2016 (applicable as of 25 May 2018), you have the right to access, correct, move and erase your data or limit processing.
If you don’t want or no longer want to receive promotional messages and invitations via email and texts, or you unsubscribe from our newsletter, you have the option to indicate your choice when finalising your order, to change your choice by contacting the company under the conditions mentioned above or by using the unsubscribe links provided in the messages.
For any additional information or complaint, customers can contact the National Commission on Information Technologies and Freedom at www.cnil.fr
Cookies are small amounts of information stored in files within your computer browser. Cookies are accessible and registered by the websites you visit and by the companies that display their advertisements on websites, so that they can recognise the browser. Websites can only access cookies which are stored on your computer.
By browsing on Best Cognac Champagne, you consent to the use of the cookies on our website with the following purposes:
- Website usage: to help us recognise your browser as a previous visitor and to record your preferences during your previous visit to the website. For example, we may save your login information so that you do not have to log in each time you visit the Site;
- Social media: to check if you are connected to third party services (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.);
- Targeting: to allow us to target (emailing, basic enrichment) a posteriori or in real time as the user browses the Site;
- Audience measuring: to track the statistical data used by the website (the users' website use and to improve the website's services) and to help us to measure and to study the effectiveness of our interactive online content, its features, advertising and other communications.
In your browser settings you have the choice to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, inform you when a cookie is issued, its validity and content, and allow you to refuse registration in your device, and delete your cookies periodically.
More information can be found on https://www.cnil.fr/fr/site-web-cookies-et-autres-traceurs and https://www.cnil.fr/fr/site-web-cookies-et-autres-traceurs
II/ Legal notice
Name: BEST COGNAC CHAMPAGNE - ARTHIS E-COMMERCE
Legal form: SASU with share capital of 1,000 euros
Legal representative: Eric Hallot
Registered office: 19 rue de la Scierie - Domaine de Montauban - 17810 Nieul-lès-Saintes
Phone number: 09 82 34 89 10
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
VAT no.: FR 78953235124
Siret : 95323512400013
Hosting: Kaizen Agency, 9 rue André Darbon 33300 Bordeaux
Under ruling no. 59-107 of 7 January 1959 and ruling no. 74-631 of 5 July 1974, the sale of alcohol to minors under 18 is prohibited. If the buyer places an order from a country other than France, the buyer must be of minimum legal age to consume alcohol.
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, drink with moderation.
The photographs of products accompanying their description are not contractual and do not commit the publisher.